Monday 7 April 2014

Children…precious beyond measure


James 1:27 says this, "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

My youngest brother and my sister are adopted so I and my husband have a very special place in our hearts for abandoned, unwanted and unloved children. All children are so precious and deserve to be showered with love and unaffection.

One of my favourite clients is Emma Cocklin who is a social worker with SOS Children's Villages. I got to spend a few hours with her visiting the Village in Windhoek as well as a Kindergarten that they help support and their Social Centre.

The Children's Village is absolutely awesome. There are several houses each with a mom and a maximum of ten children. I got to meet some of the moms and they are truly amazing ladies. They honestly treat these precious children as their own. They love and adore them and the children flourish under their care.

The Village also has a Kindergarten that is open to the community. It was lots of fun spending some time with the children from the Village who were at home and those who attended the Kindergarten.

We then headed into the heart of Katatura to Villa Colourful Kindergarten. Oh man, this place can break your heart. It is a corrugated iron shack building with two tiny classrooms and an even tinier office.

This is Grade 0. There aren't even enough little chairs for all the kiddies and they kneel on the floor and press on their chairs to write.
This precious angel proudly showed me her work. She is preparing for Grade 1 next year.

And this is the classroom for children aged 2 to 4 years old. The thing that stood out for me was that every single child had a snotty nose and horrible cough.
This beautiful little girl was very fascinated by my big camera with the flash and huge diffuser on the top.
And this little man was terrified of me and my camera.

If your heart has been moved and you would like to help or get involved please contact Emma Cocklin on 081 673 2352. The Village and the Kindergarten need items like clothing, toys, pens and pencils, paper, tables, books and dolls. Anything that you can give, no matter how small will always be appreciated.

You can visit SOS Children's Villages website by CLICKING HERE.

I hope you all have a great week.








Sign up logo



0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rosalind Julia Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs