Thursday 30 June 2016

The Importance of Maternity Photos



Well, well. I cannot believe that I last blogged a year ago!! That is just insane. Where did the year go? I realised that I have seriously neglected my blog and have now made time to blog each week. I have great articles and topics I am so excited to share and of course plenty of awesome families that I have worked with that I am just bursting to share with you. So without further ado let's get started.

Why take maternity photos. You are most probably not going to put them on your walls in your sitting room but having them on a disc in a drawer somewhere does seem like a waste. So why even take them?



Even though pregnancy comes with a lot of difficult trials, it is an amazing time in your life. It is a time of celebration the of anticipation as you prepare to meet your little bundle of joy. It’s a time where you become strong – stronger than you ever thought you could possibly be. During this time, you create your initial bond with your baby that will continue throughout your entire lives.

There are very few women who actually feel like they are beautiful while they are pregnant – especially during the first pregnancy. However, the miracle of pregnancy is a beautiful thing. Swollen feet, stretch marks, and hormone changes aside – you are growing a real live human being inside of you. All of those side effects come from different things your body has to do to help nourish and protect your baby.




You are beautiful, and you should take the time to celebrate these changes and this amazing moment in your life. These photos will be a great gift to pass down to your child as an heirloom of your first memories with them. This is something they will treasure forever.

My little ones loving seeing maternity photos of me and hearing about how they grew in my tummy, all about their birth and my great excitement while waiting for them. When they have had a tough day and are really out of sorts I pull them onto my lap and tell them all about being pregnant with them. It always calms them and really boosts their confidence.


So if you are not going to put a huge canvas on your sitting room wall what can you do with maternity photos besides leaving them on the disc in a drawer. I have several lovely products perfectly suited to maternity photos. There are framed prints that can stand on baby's night stand, or an album they can page through when they're older or even a book of postcards that you keep as an heirloom.

CLICK HERE to find out more about my maternity photo sessions.

I hope you have a great day!


0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rosalind Julia Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs