Tuesday 21 May 2013

What Exactly is a Viewing Session?



I have added a new page to my blog that you can refer to at any time by clicking the link in the menu bar above. Many of my clients don't really know what this thing is that I call a Viewing Session. Here is detailed information on your complete photography experience.

So what exactly is a Viewing Session?

Before I can answer that question I need to answer Why do I schedule a Viewing Session?
The trend in Namibia and South Africa, when you have professional photographs taken, is to pick up a disc a few weeks, and in some cases even several months after your session with all your high resolution photographs on it. You then eagerly rush home and browse through your images and in most cases never really get around to doing anything with them. You might print some at home on your little printer and be disappointed when the colour comes out all funky.

What do You Get? So what I have decided to do is offer you a full professional photography experience and not just images on a disc. I have put together a variety of packages depending on the focus of the session. Each package includes a disc with the high resolution photographs as well as smaller ones for posting on Facebook. BUT on top of that you get a whole lot of value added items to complete the experience:
  • A personal blog post on this blog. CLICK HERE for an example.
  • A custom SmartPhone/iPhone/iPad app with 7 of the best photos. This you can share with family and friends and you get to have your photos right with on your phone! (Click on the image below to see an example. Then click on each thumbnail to view the slideshow.)
  • Your disc is beautifully packaged in a personalised CD case.
  • A selection of prints (10x15cm and in some cases 13x18cm) all in a lovely envelope.
  • All of this is packaged in a custom carry bag.
Of course if you have a son you will not be getting pink!

Now I can answer What exactly is a Viewing Session?
I will contact you within about 2 weeks of your session to let you know that your photos are ready. We will make a date for you to come around to my home studio. 

Once you've arrived you'll get settled with a cup of tea or coffee or even a cappuccino if you would like one. I then press play and you get to watch your gorgeous images in a slideshow set to music. 


We then talk a little about the prints and products you would like for your home. I also design some Wall Displays to help you picture your photographs on your wall at home.

For most clients the choice is overwhelming but I know each of your photographs so well that  I make suggestions and I give you ideas that makes choosing just that much easier. Once you have decided you place your order and about 3 weeks later you have all your finished products ready to hang on your walls at home.

Hopefully after this whole experience you will be delighted with the final result of your photography session and it will being you joy each time you walk past your art and see your family smiling back at you.

0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rosalind Julia Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs