Tuesday 27 August 2013

Watch Me Grow | Isla - newborn


Brand new little Isla came in for her very first session in her Watch Me Grow series. It was fun going through the props and choosing a combination that would work well and show how much she will grow and develop over the next 12 months.
Without further ado here is her first photo. Isn't she just angelic?
Whenever I do a Watch Me Grow series I always include a couple of photos of the babies with their parents. Those are some of my favourite photos so I cannot resist throwing them in for free. I love these two below. Look at how tiny her head is.
 Newborn photos are always so beautiful, peaceful, controlled and tear jerking. Sometimes it takes an hour to get baby to that point where I can take that photograph that melts your heart. Here is a quick peak at what it took from mom and dad to get little Isla to settle into the adorable pose you see above.
Safety is vitally important. She wasn't deeply asleep so I swaddled her in a gorgeous muslin wrap so that she was less likely to jerk suddenly and launch herself out of the barrel. Dad had his hands on her until the very moment I needed to take the shot. The instant the photo was taken he put his hands back.


Sign up logo

0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rosalind Julia Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs