Tuesday 18 September 2012

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie 'n Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar



So I found this ...


on this blog ... www.kevinandamanda.com and decided I had to make it. The sad thing is that I cannot have any of it because I am still breastfeeding and chocolate and a 5 month old baby do not mix well. I did have one little sliver to taste though. Absolutely decadent.

First you make a chocolate chip cookie mix and put it into a large lined baking tin.
The difference in colours is because the cookie recipe I used didn't make quite enough to cover the bottom of the dish so I whipped up half a batch more but I had run out of chocolate chips and substituted them with grated chocolate instead.

Then you put a layer of Oreos on top of that. Preferably what they call Double Stuffed Oreos. I've never seen them so I guess we don't get them.

Then you make a brownie mix and layer that on top and bake at 180 celcius for 45 minutes. I don't trust box mixes of brownies so I used my wicked sticky toffee brownie recipe.

 In the oven and we were all waiting with great expectation...

...And voila!!!!

Once they have cooled you stack two on top of each other ...Then you put a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top and top it all off with chocolate sauce.

Absolutely wickedly decadent.

As Amanda did, I have found people to give them away to because they must not be in my house! 

Here is the link to the original one by Amanda ... http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/new-recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookie-n-oreo-fudge-brownie-bar.html

After seeing how much everyone enjoyed them yesterday afternoon when we did Sunday afternoon 'Coffee and Cake' at a friend's house I think I need to come up with a white chocolate, breastfeeding friendly version. Check back early next week to see if I managed to come with something over the weekend ... I hope I do.

0 thoughtful comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rosalind Julia Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs